- Practice of advocacy. URBAN FALATH GAŠPEREC BOŠANSKÝ, s.r.o., advokátska kancelária, with its registered office at Havlíčkova 16, 811 04 Bratislava – mestská časť Staré Mesto, Slovak Republic, Company Identification No. 47 244 895, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the District Court Bratislava I, Section: Sro, File No. 125611/B (hereinafter as “Law Firm”), is a company whose scope of business is the provision of legal services under Act No. 586/2003 Coll. on Advocacy, as amended. All attorneys (in Slovak: advokáti) and trainee attorneys (in Slovak: koncipienti) of our Law Firm are enrolled by the Slovak Bar Association. When practicing legal profession, we proceed in accordance with valid and effective legislation regulating the practice of legal profession, primarily with Act No. 586/2003 Coll. on Advocacy, as amended, and the Rules of Professional Conduct issued by the Slovak Bar Association.
- Professional liability insurance. Our Law Firm has maintained professional liability insurance with Wüstenrot poisťovňa, a.s., with its registered office at Karadžičova 17, 825 22 Bratislava, Slovak Republic, Company Identification No. 31 383 408, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the District Court Bratislava I, Section: Sa, File No. 757/B, with insurance coverage up to EUR 6,000,000. The insurance covers liability for damage sustained by the provision of legal services under Slovak law and under EU law and applies to events of damage occurred in the territory of the Slovak Republic and in the territory of a European Union Member State, over which the Slovak courts or a European Union Member State’s courts have jurisdiction.
- Compliance with the GDPR. As part of this notice, our Law Firm provides all the necessary information in a transparent manner and in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter as “GDPR”) and Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on Personal Data Protection, as amended (hereinafter as “Act”), so that you know how we process your personal data.
What personal data we process, how we use them, and how long we store them
- Data required for the performance of a legal services provision agreement (hereinafter the “Agreement”). We will process your personal data such as your name, surname, title, date of birth, personal identification number, address, e-mail, telephone number and the data on the conclusion and performance of the Agreement in relation to the legal services we provide, for the purpose of the performance of the Agreement. Disclosure of such personal data is a contractual requirement and your obligation, as without having such data available, we cannot conclude, and perform under, the Agreement. The legal basis for the processing of personal data is the performance of the Agreement and the legitimate interests of our Law Firm, namely the ability to prove later, if necessary, that the contractual obligations of our Law Firm were performed in accordance with the Agreement. We store the personal data for the term of the Agreement and for ten (10) years from the termination of the Agreement.
- Data relating to payments. We store invoices containing your personal data, bank statements containing your personal data, and payment information for ten (10) years following the year to which they relate. The legal basis for the processing of personal data is the performance of statutory obligations under Act No. 431/2002 Coll. on Accounting, as amended.
- Marketing. If you have given us your consent, we may also process your personal data for marketing purposes, such as sending you our newsletters, legal news, information on legislative changes, and other important notices regarding our Law Firm and legal services we provide. For this purpose, we process the personal data of data subjects to the extent of their name, surname and e-mail address, and we store such data from the date you give your consent to the processing of personal data until you revoke it by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The legal basis for the processing of personal data for marketing purposes is the consent of the data subject. We consider marketing activities carried out by our Law Firm as a special service provided to our clients. The information we share with you keeps you updated and can potentially be beneficial for you in the future beyond the matter on which we advise you.
How we protect your personal data
- We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data in order to prevent their destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or unauthorized access to them.
- For the processing of your personal data we only use service providers that also offer appropriate guarantees of security and whom we contractually bind to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions, while keeping the confidentiality of your personal data.
What are your rights with respect to the processing of personal data
- Under the GDPR, you have the right to access personal data, the right to rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restriction of processing, the right to object to processing, the right to data portability, the right to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data, and the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority.
With whom we share your personal data
- In some limited cases, we disclose your personal data to other entities (recipients). These may be the following cases:
- Disclosure to third parties, if permitted or required by the law, such as disclosure to public authorities in compliance with laws.
- Disclosure to our contractors (processors) who provide us, under a contract, with various services as part of which your personal data are processed.
- Enforcement of the rights and claims of the Law Firm against third parties, as well as defense against third party claims being enforced from the Law Firm.
- Merger or division of the Law Firm.
Personal data transfer outside the EU to third countries
- Free movement of personal data applies within the European Union. At present, we do not intend to transfer personal data from outside the European Union to third countries. If we do so in the future, we will always do so in compliance with the GDPR to ensure an adequate level of protection for your personal data.
Do you have any questions? Contact us
- If you have any questions regarding the above personal data processing policy, or if you wish to get more detailed information about the processing of your personal data or your rights, please contact us, for example, by an email at email@example.com. We will be happy to answer your questions.